Organic raw apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from organically grown apples and retains many of their beneficial components because organic raw apple cider vinegar is not pasteurized. Organic raw apple cider vinegar undergoes two fermentation processes where it produces enzymes and life-giving nutrients that make it a nutritious powerhouse.
Benefits of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn. After a meal, drink one tablespoon of organic raw apple cider vinegar mixed in four ounces of purified water.
- May encourage bowel movement regularity, thereby removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes to produce a smoother texture and appearance.
- May help with joint stiffness and discomfort.
- Breaks down fats so your body can use them instead of storing them. For this reason, many diets include organic raw apple cider vinegar in the regimen.
- A small-scale study on organic raw apple cider vinegar was conducted by researchers at Arizona State University and published in Diabetes Care. It was reported that organic raw apple cider vinegar helps to reduce glucose levels.
- Organic raw apple cider vinegar is even safe for pets. It has been used to control fleas and promote a healthy, shiny coat.
What Can Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Do for Me?
The beneficial ingredients in organic raw apple cider vinegar give it the power to help us look and feel better and more energized. Some of the beneficial ingredients in organic raw apple cider vinegar include:
- Potassium supports healthy teeth, hair, and sinuses.
- Pectin regulates blood pressure and encourages normal cholesterol.
- Malic acid is resistant to harmful organisms.
- Calcium supports strong bones and teeth.
- Ash promotes proper pH levels and a healthy alkaline state.
- Acetic acid slows down the digestion of starch which can discourage the glucose spikes that commonly occur after meals.
Differences Between Clear Vinegar and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Clear vinegar has none of the benefits of organic raw apple cider vinegar. During its processing process, it's stripped of everything beneficial and can even be detrimental to your health since it is dead instead of alive.
Only organic raw apple cider vinegar has the "mother of vinegar" that makes the vinegar so beneficial. The "mother of vinegar" consists of living nutrients and bacteria. You can see it settled on the bottom of the bottle. It contains all the healthy ingredients so be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring.
How Do I Take Raw Apple Cider Vinegar?
Mixing organic raw apple cider vinegar with organic honey (another powerhouse superfood) produces a tasty treat that offers many health benefits. It’s a great drink for fast energy. In a large pitcher, combine:
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 gallon of purified water
- Raw, locally-harvested honey to taste
You can also find organic raw apple cider vinegar in tablet or capsule form. I do not recommend those sources because they are dried and not alive like the liquid.
Organic raw apple cider vinegar is strong, dilute it with water before consuming. One tablespoon per 64 ounces of water is a good ratio to make a general wellness tonic.
Do you use apple cider vinegar? What benefits does it provide you? Leave a comment below and share your experience with us.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Length: 4 minutes
- Brown, R., Sam, C.H., Green, T., Wood, S. "Effect of GutsyGum(tm), A Novel Gum, on Subjective Ratings of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Following A Refluxogenic Meal." J Diet Suppl. (2015): 138-145.
- Kondo, T., Kishi, M., Fushimi, T., Ugajin, S., Kaga, T. "Vinegar intake reduces body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels in obese Japanese subjects." Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. (2009): 1837-143.
- Johnston, Carol S., Kim, Cindy M., Buller, Amanda J. "Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity." American Diabetes Association Diabetes Care. (2004): 281-282.
- Orey, Cal. "The Healing Powers of Vinegar: A Complete Guide to Nature's Most Remarkable Remedy." New York: Kensington, 2016.
- "Potassium." University of Maryland Medical Center. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.
- Samout, N., Bouzenna, H., Dhibi, S., Ncib, S., Elfeki, A., Hfaiedh, N. "Therapeutic effect of apple pectin in obese rats." Biomed Pharmacother. (2016): 1233-1238.
- Raybaudi-Massilia, Rosa M., Mosqueda-Melgar, Jonathan, and Olga Martín-Belloso. "Antimicrobial activity of malic acid against Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Enteritidis and Escherichia coli O157:H7 in apple, pear and melon juices." Food Control 20.2 (2009): 105-112.
- Office of the Surgeon General (US). Bone Health and Osteoporosis: "What Can Individuals Do to Improve Their Bone Health?" A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville (MD): Office of the Surgeon General (US); 2004. 3.
- Pipicelli, Giuseppe, and Patrizio Tatti. "Therapeutic properties of honey." Health01.04 (2009): 281-83.
- Santos-Zea, Liliana, Leal-Diaz, Ana, Cortes-Ceballos, Enrique, and Janet Gutierrez-Uribe. "Agave (Agave spp.) and its Traditional Products as a Source of Bioactive Compounds." Current Bioactive Compounds 8.3 (2012): 218-31.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.