Castor Oil Packs have been used successfully over the years for lung cleansing. Castor oil has long been used as a folk remedy for a broad spectrum of ailments, including skin conditions, to liver and gallbladder cleansing. In addition to well-known applications of castor oil, Edgar Cayce strongly recommended using castor oil packs to stimulate waste elimination and lymphatic circulation.
Today, millions of people use homemade castor oil packs to help draw toxins out of the uterus, digestive system, liver, and lungs. While the packs are not expensive to make, it is essential to use only organic, cold-pressed castor oil. Using less expensive and chemically extracted oil is not the area to cut costs; using chemicals to extract castor oil will diminish the efficacy of the natural compounds contained.
By using cold-pressed oil, you can be reasonably certain it will contain the vital compounds such as phytonutrients, undecylenic acid, and especially ricinoleic acid that are beneficial to the body. Everything else you need to make your castor oil packs is likely something you already have in your home.
- 2 kitchen-size garbage bags cut down one side and along the bottom to make a plastic sheet large enough to lie on.
- 8 ounces of certified organic cold pressed castor oil.
- A smaller section of garbage bag to place over the pack.
- A 12″x6″ strip of cloth from an old 100% cotton or flannel shirt.
- A heating pad.
- Castor oil will stain anything it touches, so lay down your garbage bag sheet over your bed or sofa.
- Carefully warm about 8 oz. of castor oil in a pot on the stove to a comfortable temperature and then soak the 12″x6″ strips of cloth in the oil.
- Being careful not to spill the oil, take the pot with you to where you plan to lie down.
- Use a small piece of plastic like a “glove” to handle the packs.
- Lie down on the plastic sheet, and then lay 3-4 strips over your chest and sides covering the lung areas. Do this on the right and left sides. Then, cover the packs with a larger section of plastic and lay your heating pad over the plastic covered castor oil packs. Keep it there for 1-2 hours. Alternate heating pad from right to left sides.
It is believed that this helps by breaking up and drawing out stored toxins and congestion from the lungs.
- Steve Hamlin. Castor oil - for healing. Healing Through Movement. 2008 July 30.
- Dr. David G. Williams. Castor oil - natural protection from deadly viruses. Electro Herbalism. 1995 July.
- Gabriel Cousens MD. Amazing castor oil: ancient remedy, modern healer. Journal of Conscious Living. 2006 December.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.