Honey has been used for centuries for its healing properties and sweet flavor. Honey is much sweeter than table sugar and is better for you. When possible, it’s best to buy locally grown, organic, raw honey that's produced by bees in or near the environment you live. Consuming foods from the area you live is beneficial as they contain the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment.
Fresh, raw honey is also tastier and more potent. When you buy from local independent farmers, you help your local economy.
Health Benefits of Honey
As a healing remedy, raw honey can address multiple issues. There are far more benefits of honey than I can include here but here are some of the more interesting benefits you may not know about.
- Organic, raw honey can provide an energy boost. It's a good source of the carbohydrates your body needs for energy. Many people believe it can boost your endurance and reduce muscle fatigue.
- Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness — reportedly even more effective than traditional soda crackers.
- Honey is good for sore throats, laryngitis, and pharyngitis.
- Honey and cinnamon can help in many areas including relief from bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath. It’s even supposed to be able to slow down hair loss.
- Raw honey can be used for issues related to male impotence and female infertility. Warm raw goat milk mixed with raw honey is believed to increase sperm count.
- A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, has been proven effective when other topical ointments are not well tolerated. It can be applied to eczema, canker sores, or bleeding gums.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar is used for many ailments like stomach aches, constipation, and even migraines.
- Honey and lemon go to work in the body shifting the extra fat stores, making them into usable energy for regular body functions. Honey is cholesterol-free and can reportedly help keep cholesterol levels in check
- Raw honey has a viscous texture due to its low water content. As a natural preservative, it doesn't accommodate bad bacteria.
Raw honey is a remarkable natural substance that is receiving a lot of well-deserved attention. Seek out local markets for organic goods to get the freshest products. Support your local independent farmers; helping them to stay in business is good for them and your local economy.
Honey contains a natural presence of botulinum endospores. Because of this, children under one year old should NEVER consume honey. Before the age of twelve months, a child’s intestinal tract is not mature enough to inhibit the growth of Clostridium botulinum, which can be found in honey. Honey, in all forms, should not be given to babies younger than one.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.