Causes of Wrinkles, Crow’s Feet, and Fine LinesWrinkles happen when your skin dries out and loses body. When your skin gets dry, skin cell metabolism slows because skin cells (all cells, in fact) need moisture to work right. With a slower metabolism they don’t produce as much moisture, they don’t replace old, worn out cells as quickly, and they don’t replace the collagen and elastin that make your skin firm, strong and flexible. Then wrinkles form. And that’s why the skin around eyes develops crow’s feet and fine lines first. It’s thinner than the rest of the skin on your face and body, and it moves a lot more. Every time you look around, smile, frown, squint and even sleep the skin around your eyes moves. Plus wind and sun exposure speeds how fast it dries out. The skin on your forehead develops expression lines and wrinkles early for much the same reason. It’s a little thicker than the skin around your eyes, but not much, and it moves a lot and dries out faster. But, there’s other reasons wrinkles form...
- Poor sleep and a bad diet weaken your skin.
- Too much sugar in your diet also accelerates wrinkle formation.
- Smoking’s another big cause of increased skin aging and a loss of tone and color.
- Drinking alcohol dehydrates the body, especially the skin.
- Environmental pollution can force your body to use up antioxidants like vitamin E that it might otherwise use to keep your skin healthy and radiant.
6 Home Remedies For Wrinkles
Simple and natural home remedies for wrinkles include:
1. Dump the Sugar from Your Diet
Eliminate sugar from your diet, especially refined sugar. It destroys collagen and makes your skin weak.
2. Eat Natural, Organic FoodFruits and vegetables deliver essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And make sure you get enough proteins and amino acids in your diet. If you don’t eat meat or don’t like it, make sure you supplement. Nuts can be a great option since they are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Your skin needs protein to build collagen and elastin.
3. Eat Chocolate
Well, not just chocolate, but dark chocolate (with very little sugar). Cocoa contains two plant chemicals, epicatechin and catechin, that protect against UVB sun damage.
4. Exfoliate Your Skin
Remove dead skin to promote and stimulate skin cell rejuvenation. Make sure to use gentle, organic skin care products instead of harsh chemicals.
5. Moisturize Regularly
Look for skin care products that use organic moisturizers and nutrients. Also, avoid skin care products that contain parabens, phthalates, and petroleum products. Cosmetics and lotions like these coat your skin with toxic chemicals that stress and suffocate your skin.
6. Apply Topical Vitamin CYour skin needs vitamin C build collagen and maintain its structure. Studies show topical vitamin C reduces fine lines and age lines.  In one trial, patients who used topical vitamin C reported 84% higher satisfaction with their treatment than the control group.  Vitamin C also protects against the sun’s UVB rays that damage your skin.
5 Natural Skin Care Tips to Reduce WrinklesThe best skin care moisturizes and nourishes. Here are 5 natural skin care remedies to treat crow’s feet and brighten your skin.
1. Avocado Mask
Avocado oil cleans, protects and moisturizes for soft skin. The oil also promotes absorption of nutrients like vitamin A that slows aging, vitamin C that supports toned, smooth skin, and vitamin E, an important antioxidant for your skin.
An avocado mask is simple to make: Remove the pit and mash up 1 avocado. You can use the inside of the avocado skin to exfoliate, or use your preferred exfoliating rinse. Then apply the mashed avocado on your face and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
2. Cucumber Mask
For this mask, cucumber cools and soothes while yogurt moisturizes and nourishes. Puree together cucumber and yogurt. Gently rub onto your face and leave for 15 minutes.
3. Egg White MaskEgg whites are loaded with protein for tissue repair, potassium that hydrates, and magnesium that stimulates skin cells for younger looking skin. You can find a number of different egg white masks, but here’s one that will brighten your skin. Beat together one egg white and a teaspoon of organic orange juice. Add a teaspoon of turmeric to soothe skin, calm inflammation, and lighten dark spots.
4. Raw Honey and Yogurt
Raw honey and yogurt offer a few benefits. One benefit of yogurt is that the lactic acid exfoliates. Honey hydrates and cleanses the skin of bacteria. Combine plain yogurt and honey in equal amounts, a tablespoon would do, and apply to your face for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
5. Coconut OilCoconut oil is a wonderful moisturizer and brightener and it's easy to get huge benefits from it. Simply rub a little on your fingers and gently apply below and to the side of your eyes. For an all natural skin care approach to crow’s feet, I personally recommend Parfait Visage®. This face cream has a unique property that penetrates 7 layers into the skin to nourish, moisturize, and enhance cell growth for smooth, ageless skin.
What natural product has worked for you? Tell us in the comments.
- Raschke T1, Koop U, Düsing HJ, Filbry A, Sauermann K, Jaspers S, Wenck H, Wittern KP. Topical activity of ascorbic acid: from in vitro optimization to in vivo efficacy. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2004 Jul-Aug;17(4):200-6.
- Traikovich SS1. Use of topical ascorbic acid and its effects on photodamaged skin topography. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1999 Oct;125(10):1091-8.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.