Kids love being connected to their friends, making it no surprise that recent statistics show that over 30% of all children under 13 years of age in the U.S. own their own cellular phone.
Similarly, almost 50% of all teens own a cell phone. With the knowledge that cellphone use amongst children is increasing at an alarming rate, it is even more disheartening to learn that studies are now beginning to prove some of the extremely negative effects that electromagnetic fields and radio frequency radiation are having on their bodies.
Multiple recent studies, including one from an international group of scientists, is urging governments to place stricter regulations on cellphone use, particularly due to the latest outcome of their investigations: Young people who use cell phones before the age of 20 are five times more likely to be at risk for malignant brain tumors than children who do not use mobile phones.
Cellphones & Electromagnetic Fields
I am extremely glad that scientists are finally investigating how the world-wide expansion of wireless technologies such as mobile phones, wireless Internet, and other forms of cellular radiation, are effecting our human biology .
Health researchers from all over the world are coming together to look at how electromagnetic fields and radio frequency radiation effects our health in ways which are not being reported by the phone industry. Their findings suggest that, if no measures are taken to remedy the matter, we may end up with an epidemic of brain cancer in our youth.
Even the head of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Dr. Ronald B. Herberman, has recently stated that there is a clear possibility of a direct relationship between cell phone use and the risk of cancer.
Recent studies are finding that:
- There are significant correlations between electromagnetic radiation on our cells, and in particular, on our DNA.
- Children are at the greatest risk to radiation damage because their brains are still developing and their scull is very thin.
- There is powerful evidence suggesting that extreme low frequency (ELF) waves may not only be related to cancer, but may also speed up the aging process, increase anxiety, depression, anger, and irritability.
- Dr. Neil Cherry, of Lincoln University, in New Zealand, suggests that the negative effects of exposure to ELF waves are due to the mechanisms by which the waves alter calcium ions in our cells. It is his belief that cellphone use may also alter the delicate melatonin/serotonin balance in the brain, thus explaining associations to mood disorders and sleep problems.
- Brain cancer is not the only negative effect of overexposure. Teens who excessively use cell phones are likely to suffer from sleep disorders, stress and chronic fatigue .
- High amounts of radio frequency radiation heats the tissues in our bodies, possibly leading negative effects on the central nervous system tissue.
How Common Are Electromagnetic Fields?
We are also exposed to the same type of radiation and electromagnetic fields from a variety of common appliances such as our televisions, cordless phones, satellite stations, and even our microwave ovens. We simply cannot wait for the government, and heavily subsidized cellphone fat cats to announce these dangers.
Quite frankly, the multi-billion dollar wireless telephone industry has done an excellent job at neutralizing the scientific evidence of the dangers.
For this reason, it is extremely important to not only be aware of the amount of exposure you are subjected to, but to also make proactive choices on how to neutralize your exposure to radiation and electromagnetic fields. There are many devices available that have the ability to block or absorb these negative radiation waves. It is so important that we protect and nurture the children of the next generation so please take this post seriously and spread the word to everyone you know!!
Have a happy and healthy day,
- Ahlbom A, Green A, Kheifets L, Savitz D, Swerdlow A; ICNIRP (International Commission for Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection) Standing Committee on Epidemiology. Epidemiology of health effects of radiofrequency exposure. Environ Health Perspect. 2004 Dec;112(17):1741-54. Review.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Excessive Mobile Phone Use Affects Sleep In Teens, Study Finds. ScienceDaily. 2008 June 09.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.