What is the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D?
The Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D is everything you need in an air purifier!
- True HEPA filtration
- Activated carbon filtration
- Germicidal UV lamp
- "Safe to Use" ionizer/negative Ions
- Anti-bacterial pre-filter
- Programmable sanitizer
The Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D is an upgrade from the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C and features:
- Increased air-cleaning efficiency compared to original Multi-Tech.
- Multiple technologies to remove nearly all types of pollutants with very low replacement costs.
- Removes dust, allergens, odors, chemicals, bacteria, and more.
- 29% more air flow.
- A more powerful UV lamp for greater germicidal capability.
- Pearl white housing for a more attractive appearance.
What are the Benefits of the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D?
The Most Effective Dust and Allergen Filter Available
HEPA filters are the most effective air filter for capturing dust, pollen, ragweed, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, cigarette smoke and other allergens. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units.
A germicidal UV lamp is the most effective way to meet this requirement and is recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC). Multi-Tech's ionizer is effective against micro-organism, negative ion air purification (ionizers) effectively reduces bacteria.
Removes Chemicals, Fumes and Gases
HEPA-only air purifiers cannot remove household pollutants from the air, an activated carbon filter is necessary. Carbon filters remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
Reduces Cigarette Smoke and Other Odors
Unlike other purifiers which are unable to handle odors, the Multi-Tech has multiple technologies to address these, including the activated carbon filter, ionizer and programmable sanitizer.
Seeks and Destroys Pollutants
The ionizer neutralizes nearby airborne pollutants that do not pass through the filter.
How does the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D Work?
- Dirty air enters.
- Particles and pollutants are trapped by the 3-layer filter. The anti-bacterial pre-filter (blue) destroys bacteria and traps the larger particles. The activated carbon filter (dark gray) filters chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. The True HEPA filter (white) captures dust and allergens.
- Germicidal UV lamp destroys micro-organisms, germs, viruses, bacteria, mold, and fungi.
- The programmable sanitizer can be turned off, or activated to help reduce or eliminate odors.
- Two powerful, quiet fans create strong air movement without loud noise.
- A safe and effective ionizer circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants.
- Purified air, along with negative ions, are accelerated into the air.
What Pollutants Does the XJ-3000D Air Purifier Remove?
Dust and Dust MitesAccording to the Journal of Hygiene, ionizers help to increase the efficiency of filters by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air you breathe, and have been found to be extremely effective at controlling dust. UV light can be deadly for dust mites.
BacteriaThe Hepa filter and anti-bacterial pre-filter are effective at capturing bacteria, which si then disinfected by the germicidal UV lamp. According to studies by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, ionizers/negative ions are extremely effective at reducing airborne bacteria.
Pollen and AllergensHepa air filters are commonly recommended filter for allergens, and are generally considered the most effective filter for allergens. Ionizers/negative ions increase the efficiency of filters by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Plus, negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air.
Mold and FungiMold spores are effectively captured by the HEPA filter with the help of ionizers/negative ions. UV light is deadly against the microbiological toxins associated with mold, and ozone sanitization is effective against mildew smells. The ozone sanitizer can be completely turned off if not needed or desired.
Cigarette SmokeThe carbon filter absorbs smoke particles and the toxic chemicals associated with cigarette smoke. The programmable ozone sanitizer (which can be turned off), also helps to reduce or eliminate odors from cigarette smoke. The ionizer/negative ions also remove smoke particles from air.
Chemicals and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)The carbon air filter is very effective at absorbing chemicals and gases. The ionizer also help to neutralize chemical fumes.
Germs and VirusesThe UV light is deadly against micro-organisms such as germs/viruses, and highly effective at destroying them as they pass by the UV lamp. Negative ions have also been known to help to neutralize viruses.
OdorsBoth the ozone sanitizer and activated carbon air filter are effective at eliminating or reducing strong odors. The ozone sanitizer output can be adjusted, or turn off completely if not needed or wanted.
Carbon MonoxideResearchers at Brompton Hospital in London discovered a significant decrease of CO values was found with an ionizer activated.
How Does the XJ-3000D Air Purifier Compare to Other Units?
The Multi-Tech II outperforms The Ionic Breeze in clinical tests, and offers several functional advantages, thanks to its combination of six air purification technologies. The Multi-Tech II is less than half the price.
The Multi-Tech II offers better dust removal and germicidal capability and at less than half the cost of the Oreck XL Professional.
The Multi-Tech II performed comparably to the Friedrich C-90A (Consumer Reports Top-Rated Air Purifier) in clinical tests, yet costs more than $300 less.
|Air Purifier Model Tested||Chemical Toxin
|Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D||97.5%||99.3%||99.5%|
Chemical Toxin Removal Test. Each unit was tested in a sealed chamber (2 hours) for its ability to remove Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), a very difficult-to-remove toxic gas. An air purifier's ability to remove H2S is very indicative of its ability to remove chemicals, odors and other toxic contaminates.
Micro-Organism (Mold) Test. Air purifiers were tested in a sealed chamber (30 minutes) for their ability to remove Aspergillus Wentii, a toxic and allergy-triggering mold.
Particle Removal Test. Each unit was tested in a sealed chamber (1 hour) for their ability to remove fine smoke particles.
What Air Purification Technologies Does the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D Use?
1. Anti-Bacterial Pre-Filter
Air first passes through the Multi-Tech II's anti-bacterial pre-filter.
- Preserves the life of other filters, so more pores can remain available in the activated carbon and HEPA air filters for the harder-to-remove pollutants.
- Destroys bacteria.
2. Activated Carbon Air Filter
The activated carbon is next in line after the pre-filter.
- Carbon filters remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
3. True HEPA Air Filter
After the air has moved past the pre-filter and carbon filter, removing larger particles, many bacteria, chemicals, odors, etc., it comes to the thick layer of HEPA filtration.
- Removes 99.97% of particles (at .3 microns in size) that pass through the filter, verified by strict testing procedures.
- The most effective air filter for particle allergens such as dust, pollens, pet dander, mold spores, ragweed, dust mites, etc.
- HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
4. Germicidal Ultraviolet Light
The UV lamp is positioned behind the HEPA air filter. The UV lamp destroys the micro-organisms (such as viruses and some bacteria) that cannot be captured by filters.
- Destroys micro-organisms. UV light is scientifically proven to destroy viruses, germs, bacteria, fungi, and mold.
- Recommended by Centers for Disease Control for its ability to destroy biological pollutants.
- Sanitizes the HEPA Filter. This powerful UV lamp is positioned where it can effectively sanitize the Hepa air filter.
The ozone sanitizer is located just above the UV lamp. If turned on, it ozonates the air as it passed through, along with the air in the room. This function can be turned off completely.
- Ozone free operation.
- Powerful odor eliminator.
6. Air Ionizer
The ionizer is located just inside the air outlet. It circulates air-cleaning negative ions into the air.
- Effectively removes particulate from the air, such as bacteria, smoke, and allergens such as mold and dust mites.
- Circulates ions throughout the room, in areas where the filter has little effect.
- Increases the effectiveness of the HEPA by causing smaller particles to conglomerate into larger particles.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture studies show negative ions to be effective at removing dust and micro-organisms from the air.
- Columbia University researchers found negative ions to have relatively no side effects.
- Ozone free.
Great at removing cigarette smoke and tobacco odor,
This is the best purchase I have made in many years. I can't say enough about how good it works at removing smoke and tobacco odors in a fairly good size room. I've bought other so-called air cleaners and wound up putting them out for the trash. Not to mention the money I save on expensive room deodorant sprays (which never really work anyway as they only mask the smell for an hour or so). It feels good to come home and not smell cigarette smoke as soon as you walk in the door. Do not hesitate to buy it. It's worth every cent and more.
I'm a heavy smoker,and can't stand the smell of smoke in my home ... I had purchased another air purifier about half a year ago, and the cost of the replacement filter, was the same cost of what I paid for the unit ... On top of that, I was not pleased with the results with elimiting odors in my home ... I've had the Surround Air Multi Tech purifier for about a month now, and totally love it ... When company comes into my home, they swear it is free of the old smoke smell, that bothered me so before ... I would totally recommend this product to anyone who has stale or bother some odors, expecially a smoker in their homes, as this unit toally works ...
The best air cleaner ever made,
This is my fifth one. You may think why do I need five of them unless it breaks easily. Not at all!
I had the xj 3000c first and then it was so good that I bought for two of my children who had allergy and they were in the dormitory at the time. And I kept giving it to my family members who needs this in their home.
Now I bought XJ-3000 D. This one is much more quieter and powerful. Whenever we had a cooking order in the house we use it. In about an hour any strongest smells disappear with ozone. I like this so much that I cannot live without them.
I can tell a difference in the air - smells cleaner. I purchased 2 since I thought it was worth it. One for my teenager's room. It appears to help my allergies. No problems. Just didn't rate it a 5 since it is hard to determine the exact impact on air quality
Wonderful for allergy sufferers,
I suffer from horrible dust mite and cat allergies (I have 2 cats) and this purifier has made a world of difference. I no longer wake up with the stuffy nose and crusty eyes. It's a little loud, but not much louder than the air conditioning. I researched a lot of purifiers online and this one had great reviews for those I found around this price. Definitely worth the money. I've had it a few months now and I wouldn't sleep without it.
I adore my air purifier -- most sensible thing I've ever bought!,
I started to run this air purifier exactly 52 hours ago, and it has already changed my quality of life.
I have never owned an air purifier before. I have been literally choking on the air in my own apartment during the several months that I have been living here, and I had extremely unrealistic expectations about an air purifier: I imagined posting something like, "Wow! I could feel the difference after two hours!" Well, OK, it took more than two hours! But it happened.
I started it on low fan with the sanitizer disabled. Then I went to medium fan, then I added the sanitizer on low, then I put the fan on high and the sanitizer on medium. I awoke this morning no longer choking on the air and no longer confronted with the aggressive dusty odor with which I had come to associate my apartment. I left it today with the fan on high and the sanitizer on medium and returned tonight to a completely different atmosphere.
I am not afraid of the ozone produced by the sanitizer but if you are you can choose to run it only once in a while or never.
My only concern is that, unlike some other air purifiers, this one does not have a display light that indicates when the HEPA filter is dirty (and this HEPA filter is permanent if you have a hand vac although you can also choose to buy a replacement filter [also readily available through amazon]). Since this is my first air purifier, a dummy light would have been great. But I went for the price. I guess I'll know when the filter needs vacuuming or changing when I sense that the air is once again heavy with particles.
But no negatives. I love this thing. I want to hug it.
The U.S. Government recommends technologies used in the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D Air Purifier.
- U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) recommends air purifier with both HEPA Filter and UV Light. The CDC also recommends UV lights in homeless shelters to prevent the spread of disease, particularly TB (tuberculosis).
- Department of Homeland Security recommends HEPA air filters, along with a pre-filter to preserve the life of the HEPA filter.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture found negative ions (ionizers) to be highly effective against dust and bacteria in recent studies.
- Air Purifier Comparison
- How to Eliminate Tobacco Smoke From Indoor Air
- Facts About Indoor Air Quality
- Harmful Toxins in the Air
- How to Eliminate Chemical Toxins from Indoor Air
- Dust Mites: A Microscopic Threat to Your Family’s Health
- The Dangers of Mold & Mildew in your Home or Office
- How to Get Rid of Mold: 15 Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
- The Hidden Formaldehyde In Everyday Products
- 10 Ways to Naturally Prevent & Treat Seasonal Allergies
- Are Chemtrails Making Us Sick?
Frequently Asked Questions About The Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D Air Purifier
What are the Specifications for the Multi-Tech II XJ-3000D
Air Purification Technologies
- Air Ionizer/Negative Ions for allergens, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and more.
- HEPA Air Filter for particles including dust and mold spores.
- Germicidal UV Light for microbes such as viruses, germs, bacteria, and fungi.
- Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases, cigarette smoke, and odors.
- Optional/Programmable Ozone for strong odors and filter sanitization.
Air Ionizer Specifications
- Ionization Method: Needlepoint (ion-producing electrode pins)
- Needlepoint Composition: Stainless steel
- Negative Ion Output: 12,000,000/cm3 (trillions per second)
- Negative Ion Distribution: Air flow from fan
Room Air Filter Specifications
- Combination Filter Cartridge: Consists of HEPA and activated carbon air filters
- HEPA Air Filter: Captures 99.97% of particles at 0.3 microns
- Activated Carbon Air Filter: High absorbency
- Replacement Frequency: 1-2 years
- Replacement Filter Cost: $36 each (Also compatible with the XJ-3000C & XJ-3000A)
- Air Filter Cartridge Size: 11.25" x 5.25" x 4"
Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamp Specifications
- UV Wavelength: UV-C, the short, germicidal range of the UV wavelength that is effective at destroying the DNA cell of microorganisms.
- Nanometer Frequency: 254 nm, the ideal frequency for destroying DNA cells of microorganisms.
- Ozone Production: Virtually zero, less than .008 ppm
- UV Lamp Life: 10,000 hours (over a year)
Ozone Generator Specifications
- Ozone Output Settings: Off, Low, Medium, High
- "Off" Setting: Ozone Completely Disabled
- "Low" Setting: Intervals of 30 sec. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "Medium" Setting: Intervals of 3 min. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "High" Setting: Continuously "ON"
- Ozone Output: Maximum Ozone Concentration of 22 parts per billion per UL 867 Testing Protocol (UL Standard = 50 ppb)
- Speed Settings: High, Medium, and Low
- Fan Speed: 90 cfm with filter installed (fan speed is higher without filter installed) (cfm = cubic feet per minute)
Electrical / Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 50 Watts
- Electrical: 120VAC/60Hz
- Dimensions: 15" (W) x 13" (H) x 7.75" (D)
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Cord Length: 72"
- Square Footage Covered: 600 sq. ft.
- Heavy Pollution: Derate to 250 sq. ft. in heavily polluted environments
- Timer Option: 1, 2, and 4 Hours (If not set, will run continuously)
- Ozone/Sanitizer: Off, Low, Medium, and High Settings (If not set, will not produce ozone)
- Power: On/Off
- Fan Speed: Low, Medium, High
Enclosure / Housing
- Enclosure Composition: Environmentally-Safe Corrosion-Resistant ABS Plastic
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day money-back guarantee (no restocking fees)
- Replacement Policy: 90-day replacement policy due to factory defect