What are the Benefits of the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C?
This is the Most Effective Dust & Allergen Filter Available!
The true HEPA filters are more effective than any other type of air filter at capturing dust, pollen, ragweed, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, cigarette smoke and other allergens. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units.
1. A Way to Kill Micro-Organisms
Most air purifiers do not have a way to destroy germs, viruses and other micro-organisms. A germicidal UV lamp is the most effective way to meet this requirement. UV light air purification is recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC). The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture studies show that negative ion air purification (ionizers) effectively reduces bacteria.
2. The Ability to Remove Chemicals, Fumes and Gases
HEPA-only air purifiers cannot remove these prominent household pollutants from the air, activated carbon is necessary for this job.
3. A Way to Reduce Cigarette Smoke and Other Odors
Many air purifiers do not have an answer for these either. The Multi-Tech addresses these pollutants with the activated carbon filter, ionizer and programmable sanitizer.
4. Seeks and Destroys Pollutants
The ionizer supplies negative ion air purification and is capable of neutralizing airborne pollutants that do not pass through the filter.
Why is the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C so Effective?
- Dirty air enters.
- The High-Efficiency Filtration traps particles within the 3-layer filter. The anti-bacterial pre-filter (blue) destroys bacteria and traps the larger particles, lengthening the life of the other filters. The activated carbon filter (dark gray) is the best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. The True HEPA filter (white) is the most effective type of air filter at capturing dust/allergens.
- Germicidal UV lamp is the most effective air purification method available for destroying micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (including mold).
- The programmable sanitizer can help reduce or eliminate odors.
- Two quiet, yet powerful fans create strong air circulation without loud noise.
- The safe and effective ionizer circulates negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants. Ionizers also enhance filter performance. The Multi-Tech ionizer creates virtually no ozone.
- Purified airand negative ions are accelerated into the air.
How does the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C Purify Air?
The Multi-Tech XJ-3000C Air Purifier combines 6 proven air cleaning technologies into one unit to remove nearly all types of pollutants!
- Anti-Bacterial Pre-Filter
- Preserves other filters
- Destroys bacteria
- Traps chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke
- Removes 99.97% of particles
- Is The most effective type of air filter
- Destroys micro-organisms
- Recommended by Centers for Disease Control
- Sanitizes the HEPA air filter
- Ozone Free Operation
- Powerful odor eliminator
- Effectively removes particulate from the air
- Circulates ions throughout the a room
- Increases the effectiveness of the HEPA
- Government studies show negative ions to be effective at removing dust and micro-organisms from the air
- Ozone Free
How does the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C Compare to Other Air Purifiers?
The Multi-Tech outperforms the Ionic Breeze in clinical tests, and offers several functional advantages, thanks to its combination of six air purification technologies. Despite all this, the Multi-Tech is less than half the price.
Multi-Tech offers better dust removal and germicidal capability, but at less than half the cost! Multi-Tech also outperformed the Oreck XL in clinical tests.
The Multi-Tech performed comparably to the Friedrich C-90A, Consumer Reports' top air purifier, in clinical tests, yet costs more than $300 less
The U.S. Government Recognizes Technologies Used in the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C as Beneficial!
- U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) recommends air purifier with both HEPA Filter and UV Light. The CDC also recommends UV lights in homeless shelters to prevent the spread of disease, particularly TB (tuberculosis).
- Dept. of Homeland Security recommends HEPA air filters, along with a pre-filter to preserve the life of the HEPA filter.
- The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found negative ions (ionizers) to be highly effective against dust and bacteria in recent studies.
Multi-Tech "XJ-3000C" Air Purifier Specifications
Air Purification Technologies
- Air Ionizer/Negative Ions for allergens, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and more.
- HEPA Air Filter for particles including dust and mold spores.
- Germicidal UV Light for microbes such as viruses, germs, bacteria, and fungi.
- Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases, cigarette smoke, and odors.
- Optional/Programmable Ozone for strong odors and filter sanitization. Can be turned completely off.
Air Ionizer Specifications
- Ionization Method: Needlepoint (ion-producing electrode pin)
- Needlepoint Composition: Stainless steel
- Negative Ion Output: 12,000,000/cm3 (trillions per second)
- Negative Ion Distribution: Air flow from fan
Room Air Filter Specifications
- Combination Filter Cartridge: Consists of HEPA, activated carbon and anti-bacterial air filters
- HEPA Air Filter: Captures 99.97% of particles at 0.3 microns
- Activated Carbon Air Filter: High absorbency
- Replacement Frequency: 1-2 years
- Replacement Filter Cost: $32 each (Also compatible with the XJ-3000A, XJ-3000D and XJ-3000E)
- Air Filter Cartridge Size: 11.25" x 5.25" x 4"
Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamp Specifications
- UV Wavelength: UV-C, the short, germicidal range of the UV wavelength that is effective at destroying the DNA cell of microorganisms.
- Nanometer Frequency: 254 nm, the ideal frequency for destroying DNA cells of microorganisms.
- UV Lamp Life: 10,000 hours (over a year)
Programmable Sanitizer Specifications
- Ozone Output Settings: Off, Low, Medium, High
- "Off" Setting: Ozone Completely Disabled. On this setting, the Multi-Tech produces virtually no ozone at all.
- "Low" Setting: Intervals of 30 sec. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "Medium" Setting: Intervals of 3 min. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "High" Setting: Continuously "ON", Maximum Ozone Concentration of 1.6 parts per billion per UL 867 Testing Protocol (UL Standard = 50 ppb)
- Speed Settings: High, Medium, and Low
- Fan Speed: 71 cfm (cubic feet per minute) with filter installed (fan speed is higher without filter installed)
Electrical / Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Electrical: 120VAC/60Hz
- Dimensions: 15" (W) x 13" (H) x 7.75" (D)
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Cord Length: 72"
- Square Footage Covered: 500 sq. ft.
- Heavy Pollution: Derate to 250 sq. ft. in heavily polluted environments
- Timer Option: 1, 2, and 4 Hours (If not set, will run continuously)
- Sanitizer: Off, Low, Medium, and High Settings (Multi-Tech produces virtually no ozone at all on "Off" setting.)
- Power: On/Off
- Fan Speed: Low, Medium, High
Enclosure / Housing
- Enclosure Composition: Environmentally-Safe Corrosion-Resistant ABS Plastic
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day money-back guarantee (no restocking fees)
- Replacement Policy: 90-day replacement policy due to factory defect
love this thing!,
I have read about these purifiers for years - the argument about whether they "really work" or not - Until one day I got freaked out watching all the stuff drifting in the air in my house and decided to try one. I love this thing! I live in the dust of Arizona with two dogs and my air is CLEAN! I have a huge family room, open to the kitchen and this model is keeping things out of the air and smelling great. I move it into the bedroom at night and have noticed that I sleep better and don't have sneezing fits in the morning (standard for my whole life). The noise is equal to an electric fan - doesn't bother me at all. Worth it's weight in gold!!
Works, but doesn't work miracles,
I bought this purifier because I was always waking up congested and I thought it would stop that. After using it for several months (8 and counting), I have decided that it does help with my congestion, but not quite as much as I thought it would. Without turning on the purifier, I wake up and breathing through my nose is difficult or impossible and I must blow my nose immediately. When I turn on the purifier before going to bed, I feel I can breathe easier through my nose when I first wake up, but I always have to blow my nose shortly thereafter. I have noticed no difference in the result if I turn on the purifier just before going to bed or as soon as I enter the room.
I chose this model because I wanted something that would work even in a large room (up to 500 sq ft) if I ever needed it, but I just couldn't justify spending nearly twice as much for the next model up that only claims to purify 100 more sq ft. I currently use it in a small room (120 sq ft), and the door is never left open. If you think the smaller the room its in, the better it will work, think again. It doesn't do as good of a job removing and keeping dust from the air as I thought it would, even when running it 24 hours a day.
Overall, this purifier did make an improvement. Perhaps my initial expectations were too high and it is doing its job perfectly. I would recommend it if you suffer from congestion from dust and mold.
We love the air purifier! Had never had one before and once we plugged it in, we realized how much we were missing it! With two dogs and one main living area.. We'll never be without one again.
Great Price for Air Purifier,
I researched this product and this was the best price I could find. Shipping was fast. It had all the features I was looking for. Bonus is the replacement cost for UV bulb and Hepa filter are small compared to other competitors on the market. I have been using it non-stop and it works great. I have problems with allergies and I am breathing better. I highly recommend this unit.
Surround Air Multi-Tech XJ 3000,
I have had my Surround Air Multi-Tech XJ 3000 for approximately 10 years. I can't remember when I bought it, and can't remember when it wasn't on 24/7. I have regularly replaced the filter and UV light in it- and love the air sanitizer feature that can be set on a timer, or just turned up to remove odors for a brief amount of time. I particularly use this feature if food smells are strong and I want to clear the air. I probably have had it even longer than 10 years- and it just runs and runs. It is fairly compact and relatively quiet on the low setting (you can hear the fans if the room is quiet). When I replace the filter- it is always loaded so I know how well it is working. I would say my only complaint is how quickly the UV light burns out and requires replacement. But given that I keep this on always, it is probably quite a number of hours the light is working before it needs replacing. The lights are usually $15, and the filters run $36. For a little home sanitizer/air cleaner/germ killer- you get a lot of bang for the buck. This is an affordable product and it works as advertised. Unless you want to spend more for a high end air cleaner, I doubt you will find a better little air cleaner in this price range. The filters are easy to change. The UV light is just a tiny bit trickier because you have to be sure not to touch it with bare fingers- that can cause the light to burn out quicker. When I was originally researching which product to buy, I went with this one for the features and affordable pricing. Now I would go with it again for the longevity.
Did the job.,
We have a dog and cat, and sometimes they don't smell the best. This unit seems to do a great job in eliminating the odor.
i would have given this item 5 stars but i've only had it a few days. easy setup and operation, even a caveman could do it. i only have about 300 sq ft. but the ceilings are high. since i've had it running for a few days the air is definately cleaner smelling. i like it. quite and moves the air efficiently. i might only do a couple of rooms but for 100$ what can i ask for?
- Air Purifier Comparison
- How to Eliminate Tobacco Smoke From Indoor Air
- Facts About Indoor Air Quality
- Harmful Toxins in the Air
- How to Eliminate Chemical Toxins from Indoor Air
- Dust Mites: A Microscopic Threat to Your Family’s Health
- The Dangers of Mold & Mildew in your Home or Office
- How to Get Rid of Mold: 15 Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
- The Hidden Formaldehyde In Everyday Products
- 10 Ways to Naturally Prevent & Treat Seasonal Allergies
- Are Chemtrails Making Us Sick?