What is Zinc Ororate?
Zinc is an essential element and is required by all tissues and organs in the human body. It is directly involved with cellular metabolism, tissue growth, and enzyme activity. Zinc influences the release of hormones and the transmission of information along nerves. However, the body has no specialized zinc storage system and daily intake is required to maintain a steady state. There are a number of foods that contain zinc, including kidney beans, almonds, and cashews. Additionally, many rely on zinc supplements. Zinc orotate, used by Dr. Hans Nieper, is readily absorbed because it passes through cell membranes more easily than other forms of zinc.
A Brief History of the Invention of Zinc Orotate
Dr. Hans Nieper
Developed from the groundbreaking research of Dr. Hans Nieper!
Dr. Hans Nieper, a physician and experimenter, believed minerals in an orotate form pass through cell membranes easily without breaking apart and reach the areas where it’s needed most. The unique molecular structure of zinc ororate is able to penetrate tissue to act as a superior mineral transporter.
Zinc orotate was made popular as a supplement by Dr. Hans Nieper. The innovative German physician considered orotates to be superior to other anions as bioavailability enhancers for minerals like zinc. His belief was that neutrally charged orotate salts could easily pass through cell membranes, transporting mineral atoms into cells and cultivating higher tissue concentrations.
Research from Dr. Nieper has shown that zinc orotate, when compared to other forms of zinc, are more neutrally charged, a process that allows the zinc to pass seamlessly through the cell membrane. This allows the human body to receive the largest doses of zinc.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need Zinc Ororate
1. Cell Regulation
Every cell in the human body has a headquarters, referred to as the nucleus. Each nucleus contains tens of thousands of genes that provide instructions for the way the cell behaves. Zinc is essential for reading genetic instructions. Zinc deficiency can lead to instructions being misinterpreted, or not interpreted at all.
2. Encourages Normal Blood Sugar
The pancreas produces a the hormone insulin; insulin is necessary to transport sugar from the bloodstream into cells. Without zinc, insulin response is reduced and unstable blood sugar may result.
3. Heightens Smell and Taste
Impaired sense of taste and smell are common symptoms of zinc deficiency. Why? Because the sense of taste is reliant upon a protein call gustin, which requires zinc in order to perform its task.
4. Immune Support
Many immune system cells require zinc to function normally. Zinc deficiency is known to affect white blood cell count and the subsequent immune response. Conversely, adequate zinc, through diet or supplementation, is known to promote normal immune response.
5. Promotes Normal Metabolism
Metabolism is the process in which the human body creates and uses energy, and it depends on zinc. Zinc deficiencies can cause metabolic rate to drop and it can affect the hormones produced by the thyroid gland, which is also necessary for normal metabolism.
What are the Benefits of Zinc Ororate?
- Supports the immune system.
- Promotes vision and normal eye function.
- Linked to a balanced mood and normal attention span.
- Potent antioxidant.
- Encourages normal hormone balance.
- Excellent nutrition for the liver.
- Essential for normal brain function.
We Asked Our Customers What They Like Best About Zinc Ororate
- "Protects against accelerated aging of the skin and muscles... In 1992, I slipped on ice and twisted my spine like a corkscrew in 3 places and have found zinc helpful with my healing recovery. I know that a zinc deficiency may have effects on virtually all parts of the human immune system." † ~ Darcy
- "Surprised... I can see myself taking it for many years to come." † ~ Bright Beryl
- "Highly recommend! I have taken half of my first bottle. I trust that this is supporting my physical body along with all the rest of the products I purchase from Dr. Group." † ~ Gretchen
Why is Zinc Orotate the Best Zinc Supplement Available?
- More bioavailable than other forms of zinc.
- Encourages the disposal of cellular waste.
- This zinc orotate formula is manufactured and carefully tested according to Dr. Nieper's precise specifications!
- Each bottle contains 100 tablets.
- Proudly made in the USA!
What are the Top 3 Questions People Ask About Zinc Orotate?
1. How common is zinc deficiency? By some estimates, over one quarter of the world suffers from zinc deficiency, even in industrialized countries. Indications include slowed growth, diarrhea, skin rash/lesions, hair loss, night blindness, loss of smell or taste, memory loss, and, in extreme circumstances, even death.
2. What can lead to zinc deficiency? Zinc deficiency is often simply the result of inadequate consumption, however, there are a number of digestive system ailments that can lead to it as well. These include irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatic disorders, and hampered digestion. Additionally, severe diarrhea, liver cirrhosis and alcoholism can impact zinc, and overall nutrient, absorption.
3. What relationship does zinc have with the cardiovascular system? Zinc orotate improves the energy status of heart tissue. It promotes normal lipid profiles and all around heart health.
Additional Tips for Getting the Most From Zinc Supplementation
- Take zinc with food or water, not on an empty stomach, as nausea or discomfort may result.
- Avoid nasal sprays containing zinc.
- Some zinc products contain cadmium, a toxic metal that can lead to kidney problems, avoid them.
- Talk to your healthcare provider before taking if you have HIV/aids, are taking antibiotics, tetracyclines, Cisplatin, Penicillamine, or Amiloride.
Get Started Today and Boost Your Health and Wellness With Zinc Orotate!
- Zinc (as zinc orotate)
Zinc is an essential element that plays a role in carbohydrate metabolism, immune system function, skin health, appetite, and cognitive function. Orotate is a mineral carrier used purely as a means for transporting zinc to be utilized efficiently.
- Magnesium (as magnesium carbonate and magnesium stearate)
Magnesium plays a role in heart health, bone strength, and blood sugar regulation.
Similar to Provsolv, Avicel aids in the flowability of product and also acts as a bulking agent. It’s 100% safe and food grade.
Composed of 98% cellulose and 2% colloidal silicon dioxide, Provsolv is a microcrystalline compound that aids in improving flow of the main nutritive components.
- Pure food glaze
Unlike most food glaze on the market, pure food glaze is 100% natural and is simply designed to give capsules a softer feel, glossier appearance, and longer shelf life. It is made from food-grade shellac, a resin scraped from the branches of trees.
Facilitates rapid disintegration and dissolution; recognized for superior quality and stability and is the superdisintegrant gold standard.
Viscosifying agent and compacting agent for pressed powders.
Used to enhance ingredient solubility and bioavailability.
As an addition to the daily diet, take on tablet twice a day with meals or as directed by your health care professional.
- If you are pregnant or a nursing mother, consult your health care professional before using this or any dietary supplement.
- CHILDREN: Consult your health care professional before giving this or any dietary supplement to children.
Frequently Asked Questions About Zinc Ororate
- Is zinc an antioxidant?
- How are zinc and copper related?
- What effect does zinc have on lead toxicity?
- Does zinc affect fertility?
- How does zinc affect alcohol consumption?
- What effect does zinc have on herpes outbreaks?
- What effect does zinc have on soreness, immunity, and aging?
- Can zinc help with osteoporosis?
- What effect does zinc have with macular degeneration?
- What role does zinc play with the brain?
Is zinc an antioxidant?
Zinc is a component of Superoxide dismutase (SOD), an enzyme and major antioxidant tool the body uses to neutralize free radicals. Its antioxidant properties may explain some of the effects it has on the body.
How are zinc and copper related?
Humans require copper to properly utilize zinc. Supplementing zinc while being deficient in copper will produce poor results. However, copper should not be taken directly. Serious problems can result, including adverse effects to the liver. Avoid colloidal copper supplements. The best way to consume copper is indirectly through chlorophyll supplements. Chlorophyll contains copper and the compounds that necessary to utilize it. Additionally, chlorophyll has many other health benefits by itself.
What effect does zinc have on lead toxicity?
Lead poisoning depletes the body of its supply of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), an antioxidant enzyme. The results of experiments with lead-exposed rats suggest that zinc supplementation revitalizes SOD to normal levels and fight lead toxicity.
Does zinc affect fertility?
Studies show zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, and selenium support normal sperm production and testosterone synthesis.
How does zinc affect alcohol consumption?
Zinc orotate was shown in experiments with mice to protect the liver from large servings of ethyl alcohol. The effect is thought to involve the neutralization of free radicals in the liver tissues damaged by alcohol.
What effect does zinc have on herpes outbreaks?
Zinc may be useful for active herpes simplex outbreaks and before recurrences. Patients given oral zinc supplements in clinical studies saw, on average, 57% fewer days in which they experienced an outbreak. The serving was 139 mg per day of zinc sulfate, which is 316 mg per day of zinc orotate. However, in order to provide better bioavailability, a smaller serving of zinc should be used.
What effect does zinc have on soreness, immunity, and aging?
Zinc deficiency is observed in chronic illness, injury, and age-related soreness. Because zinc is resistant to soreness, a cycle occurs where chronic redness depletes zinc and then the zinc deficiency allows the swelling to continue.
Zinc and vitamin C are important for immune function and in defending against infectious agents. Adequate intake of vitamin C and zinc supports respiratory tract health, especially during times of cold and congestion.
Can zinc help with osteoporosis?
Although zinc deficiency plays a role in causing osteoporosis, it is not understood why. In response, many people prefer to supplement their nutrition with zinc.
What effect does zinc have with macular degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a retinal disease common in the elderly that leads to vision loss and legal blindness. Supplementation with antioxidants (zinc, vitamins C and E, lutein and zeaxanthin — two antioxidants specifically found in the retina) may be a therapeutic measure. A clinical trial (AREDS in the USA) discovered zinc, betacarotene, and vitamin C supplements to be beneficial for those with advanced age-related macular degeneration.
What role does zinc play with the brain?
Roughly 10% of the zinc in the brain serves as a modulator of information transfer between nerve cells. Zinc deficiency is attributed to learning impairment and olfactory dysfunction; it may also increase the brain’s vulnerability to epileptic seizures.