What is Lithium Orotate and What is its Advantage Over Traditional Lithium?
Lithium is an alkali metal in the same family as sodium, potassium, and other elements. It supports healthy mood balance through neuroprotective action and by modulating the release and reuptake of key neurotransmitters.
However, traditional forms of lithium (lithium carbonate and lithium citrate) have one significant downside: since they are poorly absorbed, they were often prescribed in high servings that produced toxic blood levels.
Lithium orotate helps solve that problem by improving lithium’s ability to be absorbed by the body. Dr. Hans Nieper studied a wide variety of mineral salts and determined that orotates, which help make DNA and RNA, were the most effective mineral transporter. They have the ability to transport lithium directly to the membranes of mitochondria and glia cells.
As a result, lithium orotate is an extremely bioavailable source of lithium, making it more effective at lower, less toxic servings. It also does not produce side effects such as dehydration and sodium depletion, which are typically associated with lithium salts, while still producing positive results.
What are the Benefits of Lithium Orotate?
- Cognitive Function – Helps protect and rejuvenate the nerve cells in your brain, as well as protecting you from environmental toxins
- Mood Enhancing – Helps with mood swings, bipolar disorder, and depression, and reduce levels of rage and anger
- Improved Memory – Potent neuroprotective effects may help halt the progress of neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia, Alzheimer's, and Parkinson's
- Improved Eyesight – Dehydrating effect may help glaucoma and nearsightedness
- Hyperthyroidism – Helps in the distribution of iodine in your body
Why is Lithium Orotate Effective?
Lithium orotate offers superior bio-utilization for the human body, allowing the mineral to penetrate the mitochondria, glia and lysosomes that exist within the intracellular structures of our cells. The mineral stabilizes these lysosomal membranes, slowing the enzymatic reaction that leads to many of the negative side effects of other forms of lithium salts.
A Brief History of the Invention of Lithium Orotate
Dr. Hans Nieper
Lithium Orotate was developed around Dr. Hans Nieper's groundbreaking research!
Dr. Hans Nieper, a physician and experimenter, believed minerals in an orotate form pass through cell membranes easily without breaking apart and reach the areas where it’s needed most. The unique molecular structure of lithium ororate is able to penetrate bones, cartilage, and other tissue to act as a superior mineral transporter.
Dr. Nieper reported potential benefits of lithium orotate in his research, including for certain eyesight conditions. Patients with nearsightedness and glaucoma may experience vision improvement and intraoccular pressure reduction from the lithium’s diuretic effect on the eye.
Other therapeutic uses of lithium orotate, as cited by Dr. Nieper, include brain damage, autism spectrum disorders, mood disorders, and anxiety.
Each bottle contains 100 tablets.
Smoothing the hills and valleys.
For those of us with depressive tendencies or overly strong reactions to everyday events, Lithium Orotate is a blessing. It's not a cure or a panacea, but it does have a decidedly good effect on my life. On my wife's life too.
We are calmer, more focused, less quick to anger, less easy to despair. It's not perfect, but it's more what I thought marriage and life really should be like. And now it pretty much is.
My son is bipolar and he doesn't like to take meds, this he will take and it works great to even out his moods. Manic episodes are down to almost none from 3-6 a week. I am so very thankful for this. He is a much happier teenager now.
I heard the author John Gray [Men... Mars, Women... Venus] in a radio interview, that prompted me to look at the product. His latest work breaks the needs of men right down to the Hormone level. When he speaks I listen. He pretty muchly said that we are massively deficient in Lithium in our diet so no looking back, I grabbed some from Amazon and I doubt I'll ever regret that purchasing decision..
I've been taking Omega3 and lots of other supplements for a long time. I mention that because I heard that Lithium Orotate is synergetic with Omega3..
What I can say is that I started taking this stuff a week or two ago and everything got better. It's about my thinking, I'm moving ahead in all areas of my life that require thinking, which is pretty much all of it.. I have research problems to solve and wow, that area was very stagnant for a very long time and it came to life and "solved itself", I have legal problems and the understanding of what was involved and what to do just went to that next level, you know, the one where you know what the hell you are doing! Billiards and Basketball even went to the next level, I'd been overlooking some very fundamental things but I seem to have this new ability to analyze and retrain what I'm doing. Apparently there is something fundamental in my thinking that works a lot better with the Lithium..
I feel calmer
I didn't want to take meds, but I was over stressed, had mood swings and felt lousy sometimes. My Doctor recomended lithium orotate and I'm glad I listened.
- Orotic Acid
- Magnesium Carbonate
- Magnesium Stearate
- Pure Food Glaze
- The Benefits of Lithium Orotate
- Lithium Side Effects: What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself
- Orotates and the mineral transporters of Dr. Nieper
- Benefits from Proper Lithium Therapy [PDF]
Lithium Orotate: The Unique, Safe Mineral with Multiple Uses
by Ward Dean, M.D. and Jim English
Take one tablet twice a day with meals or as directed by your healthcare professional. This product should be taken with essential fatty acids such as flax oil and vitamin E.
- Persons with acute unstable bipolar disorder should not discontinue prescription medications without the assistance of a qualified physician.
- If you feel lethargic, reduce or discontinue use.
- Side effects may include hand tremors, frequent urination, thirst, and nausea. In extreme circumstances, you may suffer from drowsiness, muscular weakness, poor coordination, and/or blurred vision.
- Lithium is a diuretic; consume enough water to stay hydrated.
- Consult your healthcare provider before use if you are taking anti-hypertensive drugs, analgesic drugs, or insulin or thyroid.
- Lithium should not be used by pregnant women or mothers who are breast feeding.
- Keep away from children.