What is Vitamin D3 Serum?
D3 Serum by Premier Research Labs is a rich, live-source of vitamin D3 that supports the functioning of almost every part of your body in a completely natural way, including your nerves, brain, heart, bone, esophagus, lungs, breasts, stomach, colon, prostate, pancreas, ovaries, uterus, kidneys, and more.
What are the Benefits of Vitamin D3 Serum?
- Strong Immune System — Vitamin D3 receptors play an important role in maintaining healthy immune cell maturity, differentiation, and integration.
- Bone Metabolism — Vitamin D is essential for healthy calcium absorption for strong bones and teeth, as well as phosphorus uptake.
- Nerve Function — Research shows vitamin D may support healthy nerve conduction potential, antioxidant defense, and neuronal calcium regulation.
- Cognition — High levels of vitamin D have been linked to better mental functioning and improved mood in the elderly.
- Healthy Heart — The right levels of vitamin D3 provide cardiovascular support, helping with circulation and relaxation of the blood vessels.
Why is Vitamin D3 Serum Beneficial?
Studies suggest that your body needs 2,000 IU or more vitamin D daily – a recommendation that this serum meets in just one drop!
Unlike many other vitamin D3 supplements, this formula contains no chemical tagalongs, such as solvents, fillers, binders, artificial colors, or other excipients, which may impair the D3 bio-field or compromise the long-term benefits.
Is Vitamin D3 Better than Vitamin D2?
D3 is more expensive to produce, but research shows that it’s three times as effective as vitamin D2 in maintaining and raising the levels of vitamin D in your blood.
Use Live-source Vitamin D3 to Promote Bone Health!
Vitamin D is essential for healthy calcium metabolism; it promotes intestinal calcium and phosphorus uptake and can reduce urinary calcium excretion. A 3-year study of vitamin D3 and calcium supplementation found that it promoted bone strength and reduced the risk of falling in women aged 65 or older. Vitamin D3 supplements were also shown to support hip and non-vertebrae bone health in a meta-analysis multiple controlled trial involving over 20,000 people.
Use Vitamin D3 to Support Healthy Nerve Function!
Research suggests vitamin D supports healthy nerve conduction potential, antioxidant defense, and neuronal calcium regulation. High circulating blood levels of end-chain vitamin D3, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, were associated with nerve and myelin health in a study of 7 million U.S. military personnel.
Contains 0.5 fluid oz.
I chose this product because I wanted a vegan D3 supplement. I found that this is almost vegan, since it was made from bacteria and sheep wool extract (lanolin), at least it does not require the killing of the animal. It seems to be the closest to vegan of any D3 source. The effect is subtle for me. I seem to feel it working, but it is not as obvious as other supplements. My one reservation is the bottle. The thick serum does not pour well out of it. I ended up taking the dropper top off and pouring it directly. I have since found another near vegan D3 from another company that dilutes the formula so that it can be administered from a regular dropper bottle. This seems more practical for daily supplementation. It seems that we do need D3 and it may qualify as a mild global deficiency, perhaps due our species spending less time outdoors in a direct sunlight.
Tip for Dropper
My husband actually discovered a way to get the drops to fall quicker. Hold the bottle upside down vertically in a straight line. Wait a few seconds, then put over your mouth and shift the bottle to a 45 degree angle. The drops will come very quickly so be ready!
I'm really happy with it and it tastes just like olive oil and nothing else, which is great. However, one thing maybe to improve is the dropper. It's really slow and by the time the one drop finally emerges I have a cramp in my neck :)
Each .09 ml drop contains:
- 2200 IU Vitamin D3
- Extra virgin olive oil
- D-Alpha tocopherol
The source of D3 Serum is lanolin from sheep wool.
D3 Serum does NOT contain magnesium stearate, animal glandulars, corn, milk, soy, salt, sugar, wheat, yeast, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, binders, or fillers.
- Expert: 50% of the World’s Population Deficient in Vitamin D
- Study: Vitamin D Supplements May Help Prevent Arterial Stiffness in Black Teens
- New Study Suggests Vitamin D is Better than Vaccines at Preventing Flu
- Is There A Link Between Vitamin D Deficiency and Heart Attacks?
- Research: Children Born with Low Vitamin D Levels May Develop More Respiratory Infections
- Study: Low Vitamin D Levels May Be Associated With Recurrent Inflammatory Spinal Cord Disease
- Vitamin D Deficiency Puts Inflammatory Bowel Disease Patients at Greater Risk of Osteoporosis, Study Finds
- Study: Vitamin D Relieves Joint, Muscle Pain for Breast Cancer Patients
- 10 Foods Containing Vitamin D
- Vitamin D: The Benefits & Side Effects of the Sunshine Vitamin
- New Research: Vitamin D Supplements Could Help Fight Crohn’s Disease
- Vitamin D and Obesity in Children
Frequently Asked Questions About D3 Serum
- How much does each bottle contain?
- Is vitamin D available from food sources?
- What is vitamin D deficiency?
- Does the body produce vitamin D?
- What effect does vitamin D3 have on the immune system?
- What effect does vitamin D3 have on breast and mucosal organs?
- What effect does vitamin D3 have on cognition?
- What effect does vitamin D3 have on the heart?
- How much vitamin D is needed on a daily basis?
How much does each bottle contain?
Each bottle contains .05 fluid ounces, or about 165 servings.
Is vitamin D available from food sources?
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that’s not abundant in many foods. Mackerel, salmon, tuna and sardines each deliver about 200 IU per serving, but that’s still well below the recommended amount for optimal health. Foods fortified with vitamin D, such as milk, usually use vitamin D2, which is not as easily absorbed.
What is vitamin D deficiency?
Vitamin D3 blood levels under 20ng/ml are D3 deficient. Levels between 20-39ng/ml are too low; 40-50ng/ml is acceptable but not ideal. Indications of vitamin D deficiency can include fatigue, bone pain, and muscle weakness, but even without warning, it can post health risks, such as increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease, cognitive impairments in older adults, severe asthma in children, rickets, osteomalacia, and cancer.
Does the body produce vitamin D?
The body produces vitamin D after sunlight exposure. However, some people limit their exposure to the sun due to concerns about UV rays, or for other reasons. This can cause a deficiency which can be remedied by supplementing with vitamin D3.
What effect does vitamin D3 have on the immune system?
Vitamin D3 receptors are known to exist on most immune cells and play a role in maintaining healthy immune cell differentiation. Population surveys suggest people with greater sunlight exposure have better immune function.
What effect does vitamin D3 have on breast and mucosal organs?
Research indicates optimum vitamin D3 levels may help maintain the health of the cells of the breasts, lungs, colon, esophagus, stomach, pancreas, bladder, prostate, uterus, ovaries, and kidneys.
What effect does vitamin D3 have on cognition?
Vitamin D receptors and vitamin D hydroxylation pathways exist in areas of the brain responsible for memory and cognition. Two studies of more than 300 elderly people found a correlation between higher levels of vitamin D and healthy mood and mental functioning.
What effect does vitamin D3 have on the heart?
Vitamin D3 levels may support healthy blood vessel relaxation, blood flow, swelling response, antioxidant defense, and cytokine production.
How much vitamin D is needed on a daily basis?
Opinions on the upper limit of vitamin D intake range from 2,000 to 10,000 IU per day. However, vitamin D blood levels greater than 200ng/ml may potentially produce a toxic reaction and lead to hypercalcemia or hyperphosphatemia. Hypercalcemia could be triggered by D3 intake of over 50,000 IU per day although published cases of vitamin D toxicity note intake over 400,000 IU per day.
Take 1 drop daily with a meal. To dispense one drop, invert the bottle at a 45° angle until a drop emerges.
D3 Serum can be kept at room temperature and does not need to be refrigerated.
- One drop contains 2,200 IU, which provides more than the recommended amount of daily vitamin D. Taking more than 6,000 IU/day is not recommended unless approved by your healthcare practitioner.
- This vitamin D3 supplement is approved for use for children aged four and above.
- Consult a physician before using if you are pregnant or nursing.