How to Eliminate Stress with Massage
You may not know that a simple massage can have tremendous health benefits. You'll probably be happy to know the benefits of a massage for relieving stress. There are several types of massages that can help to relieve tension in the focal area. Relieving this tension also releases stress from your body. Massages can actually help to remove toxins from your body by relieving stress.
Considering how long massage has been around, there must be something to it. Massage has actually been traced back to 2700 BC in China. Many forms of massage have been developed through the centuries and several forms of massage are practiced here in America. All of these types are popular among boutiques and salons throughout the U.S. With so many options and practitioners to choose from, you can shop around to find a masseuse who meets your needs.
When you are shopping for the right massage product, keep in mind the following tips:
- Look for reputable spa or salon located near you to find a good masseuse. They usually employ certified practitioners.
- Review the massages and select the ones that work best for you.
- Consider the setting, the atmosphere of the salon. Whether you are there for a simple foot massage or a luxurious full body massage it is supposed to help you relax not stress you and make you feel uncomfortable.
How To Eliminate Stress with Massage
- Shop for the massage technique that works for you by trying different ones. Consider making it part of your regular self-care habits.
- Swedish massage - This is done with powder not oil to allow for a better grip. It involves a vigorous amount of pulling, stroking and stretching.
- Aromatherapy massage - Light massage with scented oils
- Hot stone massage - Uses warm stones placed on muscles to help relax before other forms of massage
- Shiatsu massage - Is a form of massage that uses deep pressure along stressed muscles
- If you're not ready for massages, consider hugging. Part of the success of massages is touch and pressure; the same is true of hugs. So share a bear-hug with someone. It will relieve stress and lift your spirits.