How Do I Eliminate Stress with Chiropractic Adjustments?
Millions of Americans feel the negative effects of stress every day. In fact, many Americans suffer from chronic stress. Chronic stress can lead to severe health problems¹, such as:
- Eating Disorders
- Muscle Tension
- Bowel Problems
There are many possible causes of stress. They can be physical (car accident, repetitive motion), emotional (deadlines, death in the family), or even chemical (too much caffeine, hormonal imbalance). If you are stressed, it's important that you do whatever you can to avoid the negative effects. Thankfully, there are also many ways to help relieve stress. One important way to relieve stress is with chiropractic adjustments. Being a licensed chiropractic doctor, Dr. Group is very much aware of the benefits of chiropractic treatments. He's experienced and seen first hand, the positive results of receiving chiropractic adjustments.
When you go for an exam, the chiropractor will ask you questions and may ask you to walk to determine what particular issues are contributing to your stress and discomfort. The chiropractor can then lay out a plan to eliminate those issues through regular chiropractic adjustments. This is usually in the form of spinal manipulation. Although that term may sound scary, it is really just a therapeutic intervention performed on the joints along the spine.
Benefits of Receiving Chiropractic Adjustments:
- Pain relief with one-time or regular adjustments
- Reduced stress with regular adjustments
- Lower blood pressure with chiropractic adjustments
- Facilitate proper bowel functions
- Relief from lower back pain
Chiropractic is gaining momentum and acceptance in mainstream healthcare, lately. In 1990, medical practitioners were no longer restricted from collaborating with chiropractors. The chiropractic practices are even recommended by medical physicians. It's even been shown that in some cases the chiropractic adjustment present cost-effective method of treatment.³ Since, it's usually non-invasive and can increase your overall health, making your body better able to fight off other maladies.
How to Eliminate Stress With Chiropractic Adjustments
- For a chiropractic session, generally you will lie on a table. The chiropractor will instruct you on the position you should start in.
- By applying pressure and turns, the chiropractor will manipulate your spinal cord.
- Your chiropractor may give you exercises to maintain your spinal health.
- Some chiropractors may include in their treatment plan, the recommendation of massage and lifestyle changes that could include switching to ergonomic furniture and tools.
- Proper diet and rest should be complimented with regular chiropractic adjustments to help keep your body free of physical reactions to stress. You may receive health counseling from your chiropractor.
- Information taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_stress
- Information taken from http://www.holisticonline.com/stress/stress_chiropractic.htm