What is Potassium Orotate?
If you want unparalleled potassium bioavailability, you need potassium orotate. Potassium orotate, formulated to Dr. Hans Nieper's specifications, is potassium bound to orotic acid. Orotic acid is neutrally charged and passes easily through cell membranes. As the orotic acid is metabolized, the potassium is released. This delivers the potassium directly into the cells where your body needs it.
A Brief History of the Invention of Potassium Orotate
Dr. Hans Nieper
Potassium Orotate was developed around Dr. Hans Nieper's groundbreaking research!
Dr. Hans Nieper, a physician and experimenter, believed minerals in an orotate form pass through cell membranes easily without breaking apart and reach the areas where it’s needed most. The unique molecular structure of potassium ororate is able to penetrate bones, cartilage, and other tissue to act as a superior mineral transporter.
Dr. Hans Nieper’s explanations rely heavily on a theory called "fixed pore mechanism," which suggests attaching a carrier molecule, Orotic Acid (B-13), to the compound being transported. This research has inspired the creation of mineral chelates called orotic acid chelates (or orotates) which offer a 20-fold increase in mineral utilization.
Dr. Nieper recognized the importance of potassium as an essential mineral that the body uses to regulate the amount of water and electrolytes in the cells and developed potassium orotate to help make DNA and RNA.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need Potassium Orotate
1. Supports Normal Potassium Levels
Potassium is a nutrient that helps your muscles move, transmits nerve signals, and helps your kidneys filter blood.
2. Electrolyte Balance
Along with sodium, potassium is one of the key electrolytes your body needs to regulate hydration and electrolyte balance.
3. Promotes Cardiovascular Health
Potassium orotate supports normal blood pressure and is actually necessary for you to have a heartbeat!
4. Supports Skeletal Health
There are certain acids in the body that make calcium inaccessible for bone strength, potassium helps neutralize these acids.
5. Encourages a Balanced Mood
Potassium is a powerful force for helping your body project a positive response to stress and anxiety. It even helps regulate hormones, including the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline, of which too much can be detrimental to your mood and health in general.
Shocking Statistics About Potassium Orotate
- With 99% found within cells, potassium is the most abundant intracellular mineral.
- The Institute of Medicine recommends adults consume a minimum of 4,700 mg/day of potassium.
- A study of 176 children given potassium orotate found that the supplement promoted dental health.
- A 1989 study showed that potassium orotate, taken orally, stimulated the immune system.
- Citrus fruits, bananas, green vegetables, dairy, grains, and coffee contain high levels of potassium.
- Although animal studies are not always conclusive of how humans will react, in animal research, potassium orotate has been reported to help to reduce stress, promote healthy mood, support ATP in muscles, predicate liver health, and facilitate healthy urea levels in the blood.
What are the Health Benefits of Potassium Orotate?
- Excellent for cardiovascular health.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Great for collagen synthesis.
- Immune system support.
- Helps glucose metabolism.
- Facilitates uptake of vitamin C.
Why is This the Best Potassium Orotate Available?
- Formulated to meet Dr. Nieper’s standards of excellence.
- Orotates are more bioavailable mineral carriers than carbonates, chlorides, and sulfates.
- Each bottle contains 100 vegetarian capsules.
What are the Top 3 Questions People Ask About Potassium Orotate?
1. What are symptoms of potassium deficiency? Only lab testing can determine your potassium levels conclusively but potassium deficiency can present itself in many ways: weakness, fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, increased urination, vomiting, respiratory issues, cardiovascular problems, blood sugar abnormalities, fluid accumulation, acid-base disturbances, depression, numerous metabolic disturbances and muscle cramps are just some potential indications.
2. Why are orotates superior mineral carriers? Orotates are the mineral salts of orotic acid, a natural substance. They're superior carriers for distributing minerals in the body because they can pass through cell membranes without breaking apart. This allows the mineral (potassium) to be released at key membrane sites within the cell to ensure optimal absorption.
3. I heard potassium orotate was researched by Russian scientists, what did they discover? Russian research has reported that potassium orotate significantly increases statokinetic tolerance and produces a protective effect on the central nervous function. In fact, it may be helpful for people who stricken with bouts of dizziness and disorientation due to vestibular dysfunction.
Start Today and Boost Your Health and Wellness With Potassium Orotate!
- Potassium (as potassium orotate)
Potassium is a key element in regulating healthy brain and nerve function, and research also promotes this nutrient as an important component for muscle health. Additionally, potassium maintains water balance between cells and other bodily fluids. Certain cellular enzymes also require potassium in order to function.
Composed of 98% cellulose and 2% colloidal silicon dioxide, Provsolv is a microcrystalline compound that aids in improving flow of the main nutritive components in Potassium Orotate.
- Pure Food Glaze
Unlike most food glaze on the market, pure food glaze is 100% natural and is simply designed to give capsules a softer feel, glossier appearance, and longer shelf life. It is made from food-grade shellac, a resin scraped from the branches of trees.
Similar to Provsolv, Avicel aids in the flowability of product and also acts as a bulking agent. It’s 100% safe and food grade.
Also known as fumed silica, Cab-O-Sil is used as a thickening agent, a desiccant, and an anti-caking agent.
Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Keep bottle tightly closed, and store in a cool, dry place.
- If you are currently pregnant or nursing, consult with your physician before using a potassium supplement.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Consult your physician before giving children a potassium supplement.
- If you suffer from cardiac palpitations, potassium supplements should be used with caution and/or under the strict supervision of your healthcare professional.