What is the Watersafe® City Water Test Kit?
The Watersafe® City Water Test kit is the the first at-home, do-it-yourself water testing kit. Previously, accurate testing for water contamination was expensive, time consuming, and only only available through specialized laboratories. The Watersafe® drinking water test kit is fast, affordable, and easy. Get professional, lab quality tests quickly!
This Watersafe® City Water Test Kit is single use and contains everything necessary to simply and accurately test your water for bacteria, lead, pesticides, nitrite, total nitrate/nitrite, total chlorine, pH, and total hardness. Includes:
- 1 Bacteria test vial
- 1 Lead / pesticide test packet
- 1 Nitrate / nitrite test packet
- 1 pH / hardness / chlorine test packet
The Top 5 Reasons You Need the Watersafe® City Water Test Kit
- Water is the most consumed substance on earth. Despite water treatment facilities, it can contain dangerous toxins and contaminants.
- According the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, within the United States, it’s estimated E. coli bacteria is responsible for 73,000 cases of infection and 61 deaths a year.
- Lead and other metals are toxic and cause systemic and developmental problems in children and adults. Drinking water can become contaminated if lead is leached from old pipes. Many structures built prior to 1988 may have pipes or fixtures that contain lead.
- Every watershed in the United States has been found to contain pesticides and the dangerous chemicals they contain have been found in many groundwater wells.
- Good health requires clean, safe drinking water!
What are the Benefits of the Watersafe® City Water Test Kit?
- Delivers professional results in your home
- Detects hard water
- Measures chlorine and bacteria
- Determines if toxins are from pesticides or fertilizers
- Measure pH balance
Still Not Sure if This Water Test Kit Can Help You? Just Read These Reviews...
- "Fast and easy! Just follow the directions and you won't have a problem. All my test results were negative or within nominal values except the bacteria test which came out positive. Would highly recommend buying this test kit to check your water sources." † ~ Carolyn L. Sansom
- "Easy to use! Brought this to a third world country to test a newly placed water distribution system for a remote village. We were able to easily use in the middle of the forest after traversing mountains and dusty roads. I'm sure it will be that much easier in your kitchen." † ~ Cristelle
- "This is the one you want. Kit is great. The instructions were easy to use, and the test were of high quality. Most of them had controls. I was surprised at the quality. Some of the test take longer the other to complete. The longest was the e-coli test, which took 48 hours. While not marketed as such, i think this would be a great kit for a science fair project, or to each your kids about water quality." † ~ James
Test Your Drinking Water Today With the Watersafe® City Water Test Kit!
- Remove the bacteria test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
- Gather a water sample, or turn the tap on a very slow stream.
- Carefully twist off the cap and fill the vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5 ml line). DO NOT OVERFILL and DO NOT SPILL the bacterial growth powder in the vial.
- Replace the cap and seal tightly, shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70-90° F) do not disturb for 48 hours.
- After 48 hrs., observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial.
Purple Color: Negative Result (No bacteria detected) Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is likely that potentially harmful bacteria were detected.
- For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet. Wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard the vial in the trash.
Lead / Pesticide Test Instructions
The Watersafe® Lead Test can detect dissolved lead at levels at below the EPA Action level of 15 parts per billion (ppb). The Watersafe® Pesticide Test detects two of the most common pesticides used in the US at or below the EPA Maximum Contaminant Level (atrazine-3 ppb, and simazine- 4ppb).
- Open the lead / pesticide packet and remove contents. The packet contains a test vial, a dropper pipette, two Watersafe® test strips, and a desiccant, which can be discarded.
- Using the dropper, place a water sample into test vial. Use only ONE dropper full of water!
- Swirl vial gently for several seconds. Place on a flat surface
- Place both test strips into the test vial, with arrows pointing DOWN.
- Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb the strips or vial during this time. Blue lines will appear on the strips.
- Remove strips from the vial and read results.
Negative: Bottom line (next to number 1) is darker then the top line (next to number 2) If you only see one line next to number 1, the test is negative.
If you only see one line next to number 1, the test is negative.
Positive: Top line (next to number 2) is darker then bottom line(next to number 1), or lines are equally dark.
- Note: If no lines appear, or both lines are very light, the test did not run properly and the result is not valid. If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead or pesticides at a toxic level.
Nitrate / Nitrite Test Instructions
- Carefully open the nitrate / nitrite test packet and remove the test strip
- Immerse the regent pads into water sample for 2 seconds, remove. After one minute, match colors with the chart below.
- Colors are stable for 1 minute.
Total Nitrate/Nitrite (end pad)
Nitrite (pad nearest handle)
pH / Hardness / Chlorine Test Instructions
- Carefully open pH/ Hardness/ Chlorine Test packet and take out test strip.
- Immerse the regent pads into the water sample and remove immediately. Hold the strip level for 15 seconds.
- Match pH, Hardness and Total Chlorine Pads (in that order) to the color chart below.
pH (end pad)
LR Total Hardness (middle pad)
Total Chlorine (pad nearest handle)
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not ingest ANYTHING from this test kit.
- Do not drink the water sample used for testing.
- Do not use on hot water or water that contains bleach detergents.
- Do not reuse any part of this test kit.
- Store and use at room temperature.
- Do not open packets or vials until you are ready to perform the tests.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully.
Customers who bought this item also bought:
Start Living Green Today
As low as: $339.95