Newsletter Home » DID YOU KNOW? 10 Little Known Health Facts
DID YOU KNOW? 10 Little Known Health Facts
Did you know:
1. There are two minerals in refined table salt and sixty-four minerals in Natural Celtic Sea Salt.
2. We lose half a liter of water a day through breathing. This is the water vapor we see when we breathe onto glass. Breathe more, Drink more. You need at least half of your body weight in ounces. For example, a 150 lb man would need at least 75 ounces.
3. Francois de La Rochefoucauld said: "We should manage our fortunes as we do our health - enjoy it when good, be patient when it is bad, and never apply violent remedies except in an extreme necessity."
4. You breathe in about 7 quarts of air every minute! Good thing it's free!
5. Hairs in the nose help to clean the air we breathe as well as warming it.
6. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate a common ingredient in cosmetics and shampoos can form a carcinogenic nitrate and dioxin, all of which enter the circulatory system and can be retained in the organs for several years.
7. Every month you grow a brand new outer layer of skin..."a new you"?
8. During the Civil War, more soldiers died of disease than they did from gunshots and fighting.
9. The tomato was put "on trial" on September 25, 1820 in Salem, New Jersey. In front of a courthouse, Robert Johnson ate a basket of tomatoes to prove they were not poisonous. The crowd waited for him to keel over dead. He never did.
10. Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.