Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is made from nutritious, organically grown apples and retains many beneficial components because raw apple cider vinegar is not pasteurized. ACV undergoes two fermentation processes where it produces enzymes and life giving nutrients that make apple cider vinegar the powerhouse it is.
Benefits of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 4 ounces of purified water after a meal has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn and as a replacement for toxic heartburn medications.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar may help improve bowel irregularity, thereby removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes giving a more smooth texture and appearance.
- Raw Apple Cider vinegar may also help with joint pain and stiffness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them. For this reason, many diets include ACV in the regimen.
- On a small scale, ACV was studied by researchers at Arizona State University. The preliminary study was published in Diabetes Care and reported that ACV helps reduce glucose levels .
Raw organic apple cider vinegar is even good for pets. It has been used to help control fleas and even promotes a healthy, shiny coat.
What Can Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Do for Me?
Beneficial ingredients in raw apple cider vinegar give it its power to make us feel better, look better, and feel energized. Just look at some of the beneficial ingredients in raw apple cider vinegar:
- Potassium – helps to fight against brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- Pectin – helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Malic Acid – gives ACV the properties of being resistant to viruses, bacteria, and fungus.
- Calcium – supports strong bones and teeth.
- Ash – gives ACV its alkaline property which aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
- Acetic Acid – It appears that this acid slows the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
Differences Between Clear Vinegar and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Clear vinegar has none of the benefits of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Through its processing and distilling, it’s been stripped of everything beneficial and can be detrimental to your health since it is dead instead of alive.
Only raw organic apple cider vinegar has the “mother of vinegar” that makes the vinegar so beneficial. The “mother” is made up of living nutrients and bacteria. You can actually see it settled in the bottom on the bottle.
How Do I Take Raw Apple Cider Vinegar?
Mixed with another powerhouse of beneficial goodness, organic honey, apple cider vinegar can be a tasty treat with healthy benefits. This is a great drink for fast energy. Remember, the mother of vinegar will settle at the bottom of the bottle between uses and you want the healthy ingredients it contains. Be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring. In a large pitcher, add together:
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 gallon of purified water
- Raw locally harvested honey or agave nectar to suit your taste
Raw honey or organic agave nectar is a great addition that tastes great, can help improve your energy, strengthen your immune system, and much more.
You can also find apple cider vinegar in tablet or capsule form. However, I do not recommend those sources because they are dried and not alive like the liquid.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is very strong so I recommend always diluting it with water. A good ratio is 1 tablespoon per 32 ounces of water for general use.
My Personal Recommendation
I personally use Bragg’s Organic raw apple cider vinegar on a daily basis and recommend this brand of apple cider vinegar over any other brand currently on the market.
- Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM
- Carol S. Johnston PHD, Cindy M. Kim MS, Amanda J. Buller MS. Vinegar Improves Insulin Sensitivity. American Diabetes Association Diabetes Care. 2004 January vol. 27 no. 1 281-282.