Tribulus terrestris is a flowering plant that has long been a part of herbal medicine due to its reputation as a wellness booster. A lot of attention has centered around the benefits of tribulus terrestris for male sexual health; but not many know that Tribulus terrestris offers a lot to women as well. Studies show that Tribulus may positively influence mood, sexual health, and the urinary tract.
1. Boosts Libido
Tribulus has a long history of supporting sexual function in both men and women. One study found that Tribulus improved sexual desire in 49 out of 50 female participants.  Another recent study found that women who took Tribulus experienced greater sexual desire, arousal, and satisfaction compared to those who took placebo.  Tribulus may also stimulate androgen receptors in the brain, an action that can help the body respond positively to circulating hormones.
2. Energy Enhancer
Women are instrumental in society. The weaker sex? No way. Not only are some women mothers, wives, full-time workers, and homemakers, they are also humans. Every human is bound to experience fatigue at some point or another, both mentally and physically. Some research suggests that Tribulus may provide a greater sense of energy by increasing the amount of oxygen available to cells. While this won’t replace a good night’s rest, it may provide an endurance boost when women need it the most.  
3. Mood Support
Mood swings and other mood disorders can be a real bummer and many people have a resistance, rightfully, to prescription drugs. Like kava and mulungu bark, Tribulus is an herb that may positively affect mood, stress, and anxiety.  This can be helpful for women who juggle multiple responsibilities or combat issues associated with PMS.
4. Urinary Tract Protection
As a diuretic, Tribulus may encourage urine flow, which helps with cleansing the kidneys, bladder, liver, and urethra. The removal of wastes and the cleansing action attributed to increased urine output and kidney support. Additionally, the release of fluid may encourage the elimination of toxins, something that can have a dramatic impact on mood and energy. 
Supplementing with Tribulus terrestris
Tribulus terrestris is a powerful herbal supplement that provides numerous benefits for both genders, including energy enhancement, mood support, and sexual health. Have you supplemented with Tribulus? What results did you experience? Please leave a comment below and share your experience!
- Mazaro-Costa R1, Andersen ML, Hachul H, Tufik S. Medicinal plants as alternative treatments for female sexual dysfunction: utopian vision or possible treatment in climacteric women? J Sex Med. 2010 Nov;7(11):3695-714. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.01987.x.
- Akhtari E, Raisi F, Keshavarz M, Hosseini H, Sohrabvand F, Bioos S, Kamalinejad M, Ghobadi A. Tribulus terrestris for treatment of sexual dysfunction in women: randomized double-blind placebo - controlled study. Daru. 2014 Apr 28;22(1):40.
- Hammoda HM, Ghazy NM, Harraz FM, Radwan MM, Elsohly MA, Abdallah II. Chemical constituents from Tribulus terrestris and screening of their antioxidant activity. Phytochemistry. 2013 Aug;92:153-9. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2013.04.005.
- Qureshi A1, Naughton DP, Petroczi A. A systematic review on the herbal extract tribulus terrestris and the roots of its putative aphrodisiac and performance enhancing effect. J Diet Suppl. 2014 Mar;11(1):64-79. doi: 10.3109/19390211.2014.887602.
- Wang Z1, Zhang D, Hui S, Zhang Y, Hu S. Effect of tribulus terrestris saponins on behavior and neuroendocrine in chronic mild stress depression rats. J Tradit Chin Med. 2013 Apr;33(2):228-32.
- Al-Ali M, Wahbi S, Twaij H, Al-Badr A. Tribulus terrestris: preliminary study of its diuretic and contractile effects and comparison with Zea mays. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2003 April;85(2-3):257-60.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.