What is the Guardian Air REME+ Replacement Cell?
Illustration: REME unit in duct
This is the replacement cell for The Guardian Air REME+, a commercial grade ionized advanced air purification system that is the perfect solution for improving the indoor air quality in your home or office. While it's true that the Guardian Air REME+ unit doesn't require you to replace any filters every few months, you do have to replace the cell inside the unit every 2½ to 3 years of use.
While we strongly recommend you hire a local HVAC contractor to initially install your Guardian Air REME whole house air purification system, it isn't necessary when replacing the cell inside the unit.
- Air Purifier Comparison
- How to Eliminate Tobacco Smoke From Indoor Air
- Facts About Indoor Air Quality
- Harmful Toxins in the Air
- How to Eliminate Chemical Toxins from Indoor Air
- Dust Mites: A Microscopic Threat to Your Family’s Health
- The Dangers of Mold & Mildew in your Home or Office
- How to Get Rid of Mold: 15 Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
- The Hidden Formaldehyde In Everyday Products
- 10 Ways to Naturally Prevent & Treat Seasonal Allergies
- Are Chemtrails Making Us Sick?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Replacing the REME+ Cell
Download the installation instructions [PDF].
Replacing the cell is simple, can be done in a few easy steps, and doesn't require a special A/C technician.
- Disconnect the REME+ unit from its power source. Gently remove the unit from the duct system by removing the aluminum sealing adhesive ring around the unit and the four mounting screws holding it in place; gently pull the unit out.
After you have the entire Guardian Air REME+ unit removed from the duct, remove the four phillips screws from the back of the mounting plate. These four screws are holding the "domed housing" in place. Be careful pulling the domed housing away from the unit, as there are wires going in between each piece of the assembly.
After you have the domed housing disconnected from the mounting plate, carefully pull the connecter from the REME+ Cell. The easiest way to remove the connector is to firmly grip it and pull it out with a gentle rocking motion.
- After you have removed the connector, remove the three small phillips screws attaching the REME+ Cell to the mounting plate. Be careful not to strip the screws. Once they are removed, gently replace the REME+ cell and reassemble the unit.
- (Depending on need) If the metal duct tape that seals the unit to the duct becomes ripped or torn in the replacement process, you will need to purchase some tape from a local hardware store and reseal it.